Athletic & Outdoor
Polyurethane Film is ideal for demanding outdoor applications. Our Polyether Films are used extensively in the performance textile industry. Easy to laminate, Polyether TPU Films provide a waterproof breathable layer to substrates. Because of their hydrolytic stability, Polyether grades excel in the most humid environments without losing their strength and are naturally resistant to microbial growth.
American Polyfilm also provides high MVTR (Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate) Films to further improve your products. We also manufacture Flame Retardant Films to meet the most demanding UL standards.
Most of our Ether-Grade Films are available in sizes up to 76 inches wide, with thicknesses from 1 mil (25 microns) to 40 mil (1 mm). For help selecting the best film for an application, please contact us.
- Air Soles for Athletic Shoes
- Transparent Panels in Backpacks
- Bladders for Athletic Balls
- Bladders for Kitesurfing Kites
- Breathable Membranes for Outerwear
- Hydration Systems for Backpacks
- Insulation Systems for Gloves
- Tents and Tent Windows
- Map Pockets
- Gel-Filled Bladders for Impact Cushioning
- Sail Windows
- Laminates for Sailcloths
- Inflatable Stand-Up Paddle Boards
- Personal Flotation Devices